[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.1074.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Feb 12 01:58:33 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 01:26:23AM +0100, Tobias Pape wrote:

> On 12.02.2016, at 01:02, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > My God I just spent hours trying to find how / where layoutInBounds:
> > was arbitrarily setting my SimpleSliderMorphs hResizing to #spaceFill.
> > No amount of various print debugging statements in
> > Morph>>#layoutInBounds: and TableLayout>>layoutLeftToRight:in: were
> > helping.
> >
> > And then I saw this..  I have no idea why this was done but, its wrong
> > for the general case so, its gone.  If someone needs this
> > application-specific behavior they should add it as an extension to
> > their app.
> >

> Well, Marcel put it in just in April 2015:
> 'mt 4/17/2015 13:47'
> Maybe, if you asked, we'd all know why he put it there.
> I think the general problem here was that Scroll Bars have a very intimate
> relation to Sliders.

And why remove Slider>>hResizing but leave the equally "arbitrary" companion
method Slider>vResizing? That cannot possibly be right.

Chris, this looks like a case where your "browse mc history" would be very
helpful :-)

The browse mc history does not seem to be working now (server problem?)
but I found the change manually. The #hResizing was added here:

>   Name: Morphic-mt.893
>   Author: mt
>   Time: 17 April 2015, 3:25:03.42 pm
>   UUID: b93f8719-1644-fd46-8f4c-2a795ed1e80b
>   Ancestors: Morphic-tfel.892
>
>   Fix several layouting issues related to sliders, scroll bars, and scroll panes.
>
>   Note: Due to the nature of sliders, their #hResizing and #vResizing values
>   are coupled to their orientation and thus will stricly be derived out of
>   that to work fine with table layout.

The rationale is clearly stated in the commit comment.

Dave