[squeak-dev] Minimal Squeak Project

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Feb 13 03:51:57 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 07:24:58AM -0800, marcel.taeumel wrote:
> Hi, there!
>
> Please find attached some code for a minimal Squeak project. For my opinion,
> we should detach the UserInputEvent class tree from Morphic to have some
> more object-orented event handling code available (for other projects).
>
> Squeash-mt.mcz <http://forum.world.st/file/n4877272/Squeash-mt.mcz>
>
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4877272/minimal-squeak-project-1.gif>
>
> Best,
> Marcel

+1

I definitely like the idea of structuring this as a kind of Project.

Assuming that both MVC and Morphic should be unloadable (and hopefully
also reloadable), then a SqueashProject could represent a minimal environment
when both MVC and Morphic are removed. That seems to provide a lot of
flexibility in scaling down the image. If you need a small image with
a working GUI, then remove everything except MVC. If you do not need
a GUI at all, then scale it all the way down to Squeash.

I have not looked carefully at the UserInputEvent class tree, but it
does look like something that does not need to be part of Morphic. It
is a subclass of MorphicEvent, which has other subclasses that seem
to be specific to Morphic, so I am not sure how that might be refactored.

Class SqueashProject really needs a good class comment :-)

What is a "squeash"? Is it a squeak that has been squashed?

Dave