[squeak-dev] Time millisecondClockValue (was: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1080.mcz)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Feb 15 18:41:11 UTC 2016

> On 15-02-2016, at 10:18 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>

>> On 15.02.2016, at 15:58, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
>>

>> Fixes a regression in Morphic's inter-cycle delay. Hacking during the switch from DST to normal time forced the user to wait one hour. Opening images from different time zones did also show this bug.
>
> What?!
>
> Time millisecondClockValue is supposed to be continuous. I’ll have to admit I didn’t follow the previous discussion too closely, but syncing millisecondClockValue to the wall clock seems like a very bad idea.

The only way I can see that bug occurring is if the primitive is fetching a time value that is ‘post-TZ’. And - not that I’m expert at all in the arcana of Windows - the code in platforms/win32/vm/sqWin32Time.c looks a bit suspicious somehow.

tim
A flash of light, a cloud of dust, and...  What was the question?