[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-mt.672.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Mon Feb 15 18:50:04 UTC 2016

Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-mt.672.mcz

Name: Tools-mt.672
Author: mt
Time: 15 February 2016, 7:49:47.881009 pm
UUID: 8138a218-0a8b-441d-8573-43b0f6f65bcf
Ancestors: Tools-mt.671

Removes last reference to the obsolete AppRegistry for MorphicTextEditor.

In order to remove all Morphic-specific code from the tools' model classes in the future, we should think about using the MorphicToolBuilder for that.

The main issue is that we maybe want to design a dynamic graphical interface (hide/show buttons, text fields, images etc.) but tool builders only support a static one via #buildWith:. For example, there used to be a "tiles" view in the system browser. Switching between this tiles view and a text view involved replacing widgets. At the moment, all views in the code browser can re-use the text morph (or text view in MVC) and just switch textual contents.

=============== Diff against Tools-mt.671 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: CodeHolder>>buildMorphicCodePaneWith: (in category 'construction') -----
  buildMorphicCodePaneWith: editString
  	"Construct the pane that shows the code.
  	Respect the Preference for standardCodeFont."

  	| codePane |
+ 	codePane := PluggableTextMorph
- 	codePane := MorphicTextEditor default
  				on: self
  				text: #contents
  				accept: #contents:notifying:
  				readSelection: #contentsSelection
  				menu: #codePaneMenu:shifted:.
  	codePane font: Preferences standardCodeFont.
  	editString
  		ifNotNil: [codePane editString: editString.
  			codePane hasUnacceptedEdits: true].
  	^ codePane!