[squeak-dev] Re: trunk thinks its tomorrow

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Feb 18 08:07:00 UTC 2016

Hi, there!

The VM seems to "cache" the wall clock. This is weird.

Here is the story: I just booted into Windows and my time was wrong. Seems
to be come Surface bug. It still was at the sleep time yesterday evenening,
11pm.

Squeak was already open, reporting the same.

Then, I updated the system time by letting Windows sync with Microsofts time
server.

And then, the still running Squeak VM reported still the old values!!! :-/
How can that happen?

<http://forum.world.st/file/n4878340/bug-time.png>

Best,
Marcel