[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-cmm.992.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 21:29:37 UTC 2016

Your guys' changes are moving a lot faster than I can keep up with.
I'm just trying to keep my apps alive.

To start:  I sometimes need to debug code for someone running in
another timezone.  Before, I could set or unset #useLocale as needed.
Now with this constant auto-update, it appears I no longer have any
control over that, so how can I simulate my image running in another
TimeZone?

In addition, the creation of Dates with Date today must not have a TZ
specified.  Your change broke that and I've added a test.

This may be a good time for all of us to go back to review those
discussions in early 2012..  Get ourselves refreshed on issues we
already typed about, and continue the discussion from there...