[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-cmm.992.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 21:45:15 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On 18.02.2016, at 13:29, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Your guys' changes are moving a lot faster than I can keep up with.
>> I'm just trying to keep my apps alive.
>>
>> To start:  I sometimes need to debug code for someone running in
>> another timezone.  Before, I could set or unset #useLocale as needed.
>> Now with this constant auto-update, it appears I no longer have any
>> control over that, so how can I simulate my image running in another
>> TimeZone?
>
> Change your computer’s time.

You can't be serious.  Bert, I have 20 applications running on my
computer at once which depend on the clock.  I need to be able to
change it within each Squeak engine I have running.

useLocale has been working for a very long time.  It's very useful.  I
need it.  Can't we incorporate a check for it in your new code?