[squeak-dev] Move Chronology out of Kernel and into its own Chronology package (was: trunk thinks its tomorrow)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Feb 21 01:35:43 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:54:44AM -0600, Chris Muller wrote:
> I have no problem if you want move Chronology classes to their own
> package (but please do use the "-Core" and "-Tests" suffixes so we
> don't suffer the prefix selection problem).  I'll be curious whether
> you choose to move Date and Time too..

I need some guidance on package naming.

We have packages named 'Kernel' and  'KernelTests', 'Morphic' and
'MorphicTests', and 'Collections' and 'CollectionsTests'. Based on
this, I would expect that 'Chronology' and 'ChronologyTests' would
be good package names.

Is that right? Or should it instead be 'Chronology-Core' and
'Chronology-Tests'?

Thanks,

Dave