[squeak-dev] And another thing; updating broken by recent time fetching upheaval

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Feb 22 23:03:47 UTC 2016

> On 22-02-2016, at 2:53 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>
> On 20.02.2016, at 18:39, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>>
>> I tried updating trunk
>> beginning with a Squeak5.0-15110.image, and it fails with problems related
>> to #nowWithOffset:.
>>
>> So there is still a problem with the update maps at this point.
>
> I updated the config.  Could you try again? I don’t have a suitable image lying around.

Sadly, nope. Starting from a trunk 5.0 image as pulled out of an all-in-one it fails just the same way; DateAndTime class nowWithOffset: is sent (originating from MCPackageLoader>preambleAsCommentNamed: sending Date today) and Time class dNU: localMicrosecondClockWithOffset.

This happens during update-dtl.348.mcm

tim
Useful random insult:- IQ = dx / (1 + dx), where x = age.