[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak/Smalltalk on Travis-CI

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Sat Jan 2 17:47:16 UTC 2016

Happy New Year Everyone,

We are excited to announce that Squeak is now officially supported on
Travis-CI <http://travis-ci.org/>.
This means you can finally set "language: smalltalk" in your *.travis.yml*
in
order to run tests for your GitHub-hosted Squeak/Smalltalk projects on
Travis-CI.
Builds will start in less than 10 seconds, because they run on Travis' new
container-based infrastructure. The new build process comes with some great
features such as faster build times, Linux and OS X support, and more [1].

We are currently discussing how to configure Smalltalk builds in the future
(see [2]),
but in the meantime, [3] should get you started.

If you have any bug reports or feature requests, please file an issue at
[4].

Also, feel free to contribute to the smalltalkCI framework that we are
maintaining
and that Travis uses to build your Smalltalk projects.

Happy testing!

Steffen, Jonas, Lennard, Christopher and Fabio (HPI students)

[1] https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI#features
[2] https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/issues/20
[3] https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI#how-to-use
[4] https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/issues