[squeak-dev] Re: Just witnessed MC do a strange double-save..

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Jan 6 09:08:47 UTC 2016

This is only related to the way *Monticello* handles modal dialogs. ;-) In
other places, we use HandMorph >> #newMouseFocus:. For example, take a look
at the Save/Quit dialog.

Although our main loop in Morphic is reentrant, I dislike programming that
way. One might easily call only a sub-part of that loop and the system feels
responsive but, for example, omits to process step messages. That strange
things occure once that inner part finishes and the regular (outer) main
loop continues. Another thing is the debugger, which will just kill the UI
process and hence all nested UI loops in it.

Best,
Marcel