[squeak-dev] SerialPort on Raspberry Pi

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jan 17 23:38:11 UTC 2016

> On 14-01-2016, at 5:51 AM, Jon Hylands <jon at huv.com> wrote:
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to use the SerialPort class on my Raspberry pi 2, to access the UART on the pi.
>
> I've successfully accessed the port from python, using pyserial. On the pi, the port name is '/dev/ttyAMA0’.

The only thing I can offer is that Scratch finds a serial port as /dev/ttyAMA0 as well, implying that on at least one Pi it finds the same port that python does. I don’t think I have any devices that I could even try to connect to. Any suggestions for things that might be around the office?

I do faintly recall some discussions about Pi serial stuff and having to use the rasp-config utility but that was a long time ago and I don’t seem to have any emails referring to it.

tim
Strange OpCodes: EOS: Erase Operating System