[squeak-dev] Board Candidates Needed
David T. Lewis
lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jan 22 00:05:31 UTC 2016
On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 12:43:29PM -0500, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:
> We have 10 days left. Please feel free to encourage people to run. Maybe
> do it publically on squeak-dev.
> Squeak needs you!!!
I am running for the Squeak Oversight Board this year.
I participate in Squeak as an amateur member of the community. While I
appreciate the value of Squeak as a software development tool, for me that
is not important. I see it as a personal toolbox for exploring ideas and
learning ("computer science in a box").
Some of the things that inspire me are:
- Cuis - for its simplicity and clarity of vision.
- FunSqueak - for reminding us of all the things that Squeak can be.
- Scratch and Etoys - supporting the part of our community that matters the most.
- Spur/Cog - for advancing the leading edge of performance, for making future scalability possible, and for doing it all in open source.
- SqueakJS - for breaking free from old operating systems, for making run anything/run everywhere more possible than ever before.
I plan to continue supporting my own projects (OSProcess, VM team support,
and a few others). As a member of the oversight board I will do my best to
ensure that Squeak is both cutting edge in its new development, and truly
accessible to non-professional Squeakers, kids, and hobby programmers.
More information about the Squeak-dev