[squeak-dev] Smalltalk website tricks

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Fri Jan 22 00:12:31 UTC 2016

Tried in Chrome on OS X 10.11.4.

I get to the www site and see a bunch of overlapping 3D rectangles. Mousing over some of them, displays text. Double clicking on the displayed text goes to that page, the text is uncomfortably large on a large browser window on a 30” display.
I find that mousing over to display something is disturbing, similar to the way they have started hiding the X controls on Safari browser tabs, and also some of the available buttons in Apple Mail. I prefer to see everything so there are less surprises.

Double clicking the Informatics or other screens does not bring the proper view into visibility as might be expected, need to scroll down. All pages can be accessed by scrolling down.

Text is uncomfortably large everywhere even if browser window smaller.

Ken G. Brown