[squeak-dev] InputSensor, EventSensor miscategorised?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Jan 27 13:16:27 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:24:55AM +0000, Frank Shearar wrote:
> That was my thinking, Chris. But InputSensor is, as far as I can tell,
> entirely ST80-specific. It's all about keyboards and pointers _for
> ST80_: the equivalent of Morphic's UserInputEvent.
>
> The only packages that reference it are ST80 and System, and System
> references it only because of #initializeStartUpList &
> #initializeShutDownList. (System has, as far as I can see, had this
> "soft" dependency on ST80 since at least 2010.)
>
> Given that, ST80 actually seems like the right place for these classes.

That sounds reasonable, but one sanity check: ST80 is a reloadable package
(or at least it was, and it definitely /should/ be). I think that will
still be the case if we move InputSensor to ST80, but I'd want to check
and make sure we don't break the unloadable/reloadable aspect.

This is probably a non-issue, but I can't check it right now so I'm just
mentioning it as a reminder.

Dave