[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board 2016 and How do I vote?

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Wed Jan 27 20:41:46 UTC 2016

Hi All,

We currently have 7 candidates for 7 board seats.

Tim Rowledge

Marcel Taeumel

Craig Latta

Bert Freudenberg

Chris Muller

David T. Lewis

Edgar J. De Cleene

That is great but I know we can do better.  This community is full of
wonderful people.  Please announce your candidacy soon if you are going to
run.

Voting is important!  When voting starts on the 1st of February watch for
your email ballot and VOTE!

If you were invited to vote last year you are already on the list, no
worries! If you are a new Squeaker and wish to vote do ONE of the following:

1.      Get a "known" Squeaker to vouch for you. If a known Squeaker sends
an email to voters at squeak.org giving me your name and email for you - I will
add you.

2.      Send an email to voters at squeak.org presenting yourself with
information/arguments showing me that you are indeed serious about voting
and that you are indeed a Squeaker. And no, I don't have any hints on what
you should write! :) Unless you totally screw that up, you will probably be
added. And no, don't send me a 10 page essay ;)

When the voting period starts all voters will receive an email with
instructions and a link to the voting website.  Please get on the voter list
before the voting starts!  If your email has changed please let me know by
sending an email to voters at squeak.org.

2016 is going to be a great year for Squeak and Smalltalk!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum