[squeak-dev] Re: rice paper background in trunk?

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Jul 7 11:09:46 UTC 2016

Eliot Miranda-2 wrote
> Hi All,
>
>     how do I set rice paper as the background as opposed to this drab
> grey?  Marcel told me once but I think I deleted the email.  I can't find
> anything on lists.squeakfoundation.org.  Sorry for the noise.
>
> _,,,^..^,,,_
> best, Eliot

Hi Eliot,

if you drag-drop an image into the world, inspect it, choose the
"originalForm" in that SketchMorph. On that form you do:

ReleaseBuilder setProjectBackground: originalForm.

Then, you will have it also for new Morphic projects.

Basically, you want to set the color/fill-style of the project's world
(resp. paste-up morph). Hence, related interfaces include:

Project >> #setAsBackground:
Project class >> #defaultFill:
PasteUpMorph >> #fillStyle:
MorphicProject class >> #defaultFill:

If you have a form and you need a fill-style, you can either create a
BitmapFillStyle with this form or create an InfiniteForm with it, which will
also be accepted as fill-style.

BitmapFillStyle class >> #fromForm:
InfiniteForm class >> #with:.

In FormCanvas, BitmapFillStyles will be converted into InfiniteForm anyway.
See, for example,

FormCanvas >> #fillRectangle:fillStyle:
FormCanvas >> #setFillColor:
InfiniteForm >> #displayOnPort:offsetBy:

Best,
Marcel