[squeak-dev] Re: rice paper background in trunk?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 02:38:04 UTC 2016

>> Anyway, there is no reason why we couldn't provide a set of three (?)
>> alternative patterns for the default background. Maybe as simple as
>> switching between uniform window colors and colorful windows.
>>

> That sounds like a good idea. I would like to be able to change the
> background pattern, but I rarely bother doing so. If I had a few choices
> easily available in the image, that is something that I would be happy
> to use.

You want to introduce _another_ way for the end-user to set the background?

A way leaves the new user wondering, "why can't I set something
besides these three ugly backgrounds?"

Bloat the image with a limited selection of hard-coded graphical patterns?

I hope we don't do that.  They should be externalized.