[squeak-dev] Re: rice paper background in trunk?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jul 12 16:53:23 UTC 2016

> On 12-07-2016, at 5:55 AM, marcel.taeumel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>
> Chris Muller-3 wrote
{snip}

>> Bloat the image with a limited selection of hard-coded graphical patterns?
>>
>> I hope we don't do that.  They should be externalized.
>
> It is very interesting how some words can easily produce images in people's
> heads. :-)

Thinking of producing images, how about some procedurally generated patterns? Not trivial ones like stripes or blocks (so 80’s) but surely some clever graphics students can make pretty swirly textures from a few lines of code, then we generate the bitmap at the size wanted, when wanted. Could even animate them for that DrWho/Blake’s 7/Star Trek feel

tim
"Bother," said Pooh, reading his bank statement from Barings.