[squeak-dev] OpenWeatherMap.org api?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jul 14 03:01:38 UTC 2016

> On 13-07-2016, at 6:38 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 05:35:32PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
{snip}

>> Now all I need to do is develop a little understanding of what on earth it is all about. Pointers to very, very, basic doc appreciated.
>>

> Back in the old days, we used to have to hire really expensive smart
> people called "consultants" to answer questions like this. Not any more,
> in the modern era the consultants are gone and we can just look it up on
> the internet(*)

I’ve heard of this googley thing but every time I look up stuff I get swamped with mostly crapulent cruft. You can;t even rely on time stamps on blog pages etc most of the time because people just keep passing on out of date nonsense! It does get so wearying. That’s why personal recommendations are a much nicer way to start.

In fact I think there must be a profitable business there somewhere…

>  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON

Ta.

> (*) Tim, for deeper insight into the true significance of internet dependency,
> be sure to watch the South Park riff on Steinbeck's classic "The Grapes of Wrath"
> at http://watchcartoonsonline.eu/watch/south-park-s12-e6-logging/

I don’t have internet dependency. I’ve been able to give it up for minutes at a time,

tim
Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have gained.