[squeak-dev] 20 Years of Squeak

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jul 14 17:32:08 UTC 2016

> On 14-07-2016, at 5:22 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 10:56:54AM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
>> wrote:

>>> +1
>>>

>> Could design a t-shirt? I imagine something like "20 Years of Squeak" and a
>> big Squeak logo surrounded by the big projects that came out of Squeak
>> (Etoys, Scratch, Croquet, Seaside, Pharo, Cuis, OpenSmalltalk, NewSpeak ...)
>>

> Good idea. I want one :-)

Then you shall have one, young man.

Once we agree on a suitable list of endorsements I can easily build the graphic and we can emplace it on Tshirts, sweats, websites, condoms, office buildings as appropriate.

This is also a good time to mention the Magic Donate Button on squeak.org.
A lot of people have had a lot of fun using Squeak over the last 20 years. A non-trivial number have made a good deal of money from using it. Several companies have done well from it. Time to give back a bit.

How about a personal dollar-a-year? How about a business dollar-a-day? For US based donors, the Squeak Foundation is a chapter of the Software Freedom Conservancy and thus donations are mostly tax-deductable ( see https://sfconservancy.org/donate/) so how about making it a dollar-33-a-day?

tim
Useful random insult:- So dumb, blondes tell jokes about him.