[squeak-dev] Re: rice paper background in trunk?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat Jul 16 20:30:14 UTC 2016

That worked. Thanks.

Communicating that to a user who has never done that needs work.

In Linux land "HowTos" are a big thing...perhaps a Help Book with different HowTo topics would be a good idea?

cheers.

tty

---- On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 12:37:28 -0400 marcel.taeumel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de> wrote ----

gettimothy wrote
> Hi Marcel
>
> There was already a file service for images to set project backgrounds.
> Update your trunk and it should work again.
>
> Best,
> Marcel
>

> I updated the image and opened a FileList
>
> I navigated to, selected an image.jpg file and clicked the import button.
>
> In Extras->Graphical Imports a thumbnail of the image shows up.
>
> I grab it, fiddle a bit and set as background.
>
> It doesn't fit, so I poke around some more trying to make it fill the
> entire background.
>
> Anyway, the desktop background loader works far more intuitively for me.
>

> Thanks for your help.

Hi Timothy,

almost. :) Just drag-drop an image from the outside of Squeak into the
Squeak world and choose "set graphic as backround". It did not refer to the
use of Squeak's FileList tool.

Best,
Marcel