[squeak-dev] Re: rice paper background in trunk?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Jul 17 10:53:07 UTC 2016

---- On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 18:24:59 -0400 H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote ----

On 7/16/16, gettimothy <gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote:
> That worked. Thanks.
>
> Communicating that to a user who has never done that needs work.
>

> In Linux land "HowTos" are a big thing...perhaps a Help Book with different
> HowTo topics would be a good idea?

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1796 ?

I don't think that is good enough; an end user should not have to think about setting the Background (granted, the drag-n-drop is easy, but obtaining the knowledge to do that was not).

 On my WindowMaker window manager, its Right click for a menu->appearance->Background->Images->an image.

With Wessell's Background Loader, its a very similar use case.

I am sure Windows and Mac have similar ease-of-use paradigms.

There is nothing intuitive about the World menu for setting the background image and there is nothing within the World that links to the http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1796

cordially,

tty