[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Widget Refactorings & UI Themes for Squeak

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 17:08:47 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 7:49 AM, marcel.taeumel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de>
wrote:
<snip>

> Thanks for this elaborate report. :-)

You're welcome.  I'm in the UI most every day, for several hours.  Looks
matter to me.

I notice that the selection lists have changed somewhat - either in this
package or in the trunk recently (not sure which).  I think I like the new
selections - but will take some time to get used to them.

> "Changing themes works - mostly.  It appears to just change the thematic
> elements that are visible at the time of theme changing.  What is mean is,
> if you have a window minimized, then the contents of that window will not
> change to the new theme, but will stay with the old theme (at least, the
> colors do).  This may not be an issue for folks with a reasonably small
> number of windows open, of course."
>
> There is a filter in Morph >> #canApplyUserInterfaceTheme, which checks
> "self isInWorld". For collapsed window contents (text boxes etc.), that
> returns false.
>
> One could experiment with removing that check for a while.

I'm thinking I'll need to do this.  Some of the older themes plus
highlighting in the newest produce startling results - old dark theme in
new dark theme = blinding white selections.

We think that we