[squeak-dev] Smallapack

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 23:04:25 UTC 2016

Hi Yoshiki,

Thanks for inquiring about Smallapack.

This problem has been solved in 2011 as the post tells.
Moreover, it was about alignment of squeak objects that was on multiple of
4 on SqueakV3 memory.
Spur is 8 byte aligned, so the problem would have also vanished without any
patch for those being patient :)

For the 15 arguments limit, Smallapack comes with it's own compiler, so
it's a non issue.
Maybe I should make the documentation more clear on
https://github.com/nicolas-cellier-aka-nice/smallapack/wiki/SmallapackSqueak
?

Unfortunately, there's no Sparse Matrix representation in Lapack.
If you know of a good package for that, it could be integrated.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

cheers

Nicolas