[squeak-dev] Formatting?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jun 2 16:25:12 UTC 2016

{snipping lots}
> On 02-06-2016, at 8:19 AM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote:
>

>>   braceAtTheEndOfLine ifTrue: [
>>        (this isA: #Monstrosity) because:
>>               blocks are objects not syntax].
>
> This is absolutely personal preference, but I prefer to have blocks have
> similar syntax as methods, because that makes it easier to read code.
> This means that the first line, which contains the opening bracket and the argument names, is far less important than what the block does, so it's perfectly okay to leave it on the previous line.

So I think you mean
	coll do: [:each|
		statement.
		argument.
		resolution].
… which is pretty much how I prefer things.

We should be very careful about discussing this. I don’t think anything causes more annoyance, hard feeling, lost friendships, broken communities, lost projects and global war than syntactic debates.

tim
Strange OpCodes: IO: Illogical Or