[squeak-dev] Re: Impossible to grab the scroll bar in the Transcript if...

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 16:29:10 UTC 2016

-1.  No ghost grabbing please.  Squeak is not Windows 10.  Window
contents don't overlap with the grips.  The close-box is not
"content".

Changing the mouse to resize shape when one is adjacent to the resizer
just plain looks like a bug.  The environment should have a
"physicality" to it that users can relate to.  No one clicks *next* to
something to grab it.

Why does Microsoft continue to pursue such insanity?  Too much
overdesign zeal?  The big tablet dumb-down?   They turn one UI feature
into a problem, and then they gotta "solve" it, by introducing another
problem...  Like what happened with those disasterous "auto maximize"
features in Windows 8 / Ubuntu Unity.  The same was already available
by clicking maximize and then sizing the window down along 1 dimension
which is flexible, easy and consistent with the existing window
management gestures.