[squeak-dev] Mouse Wheel Events, "Point and scroll-by-wheel"

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jun 8 12:05:27 UTC 2016

On 07.06.2016, at 08:25, marcel.taeumel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:

> Chris Muller-3 wrote
>> It makes scrolling very choppy.  Instead of scrolling by 3-lines at a
>> time, it scrolls by about 10...
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> there should be no change in the observable behavior by this change.

I like being able to point-and-scroll inactive windows very much.

But if we are not using keyboard events anymore, we should switch to smooth scrolling, right? Like that legendary one-line change Dan did at Steve’s PARC visit to change from line-based to pixel-based scrolling? Wonder how many lines of code it takes us ;)

- Bert -