[squeak-dev] HostWindow on unix appears to work, at least on Pi

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jun 8 19:04:09 UTC 2016

> On 07-06-2016, at 3:43 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> I dimly recall that there were working examples involving host windows
> other than the main Squeak display for Windows and Risc OS and Mac, but
> nothing that I know of for Unix. So this is as close as we have ever gotten
> for the Unix VM.

Starting from a trivial unix proxy class I rapidly discovered that the x11 display code for unix carefully does nothing to open a new host window. Sigh. Despite finding some references to claims of a working version for Pharo I couldn’t find any code that looked different.  T’would be nice to have that bit added, hint to any unix guru out there with time to spare.

tim
To succeed in politics, it is often necessary to rise above your principles.