[squeak-dev] Some change, probably in Morphic classes, breaks Scratch between #15852 & 16040

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jun 10 03:43:41 UTC 2016

Whilst attempting a build of Scratch in a fully updated image it became clear that something has pretty seriously changed some part of morph dragging that I relied upon; when I drag a script tile and drop it, it no longer gets dropped into the scripting area but stays in the main world (I think).

In a 15852 update from late April it works ok. In a 16040 update today it doesn’t. That’s a lot of updates to look over… I was intending to start a quick (hah!) binary search for where things went wrong but I can’t find hoe to load updates up to a certain number. I’m sure it used to be there but it might be 15 years since I had reason to do that :-O McmUpdater doesn’t appear to have any code that could do it but where else might I look?

Of course, if anyone can think of a place where my problem might lie, do please let me know.

tim
Strange OpCodes: BFM: Branch on Full Moon