[squeak-dev] Re: Some change, probably in Morphic classes, breaks Scratch between #15852 & 16040

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Jun 10 07:01:35 UTC 2016

tim Rowledge wrote
> Whilst attempting a build of Scratch in a fully updated image it became
> clear that something has pretty seriously changed some part of morph
> dragging that I relied upon; when I drag a script tile and drop it, it no
> longer gets dropped into the scripting area but stays in the main world (I
> think).
>
> In a 15852 update from late April it works ok. In a 16040 update today it
> doesn’t. That’s a lot of updates to look over… I was intending to start a
> quick (hah!) binary search for where things went wrong but I can’t find
> hoe to load updates up to a certain number. I’m sure it used to be there
> but it might be 15 years since I had reason to do that :-O McmUpdater
> doesn’t appear to have any code that could do it but where else might I
> look?
>
> Of course, if anyone can think of a place where my problem might lie, do
> please let me know.
>
> tim
> --
> tim Rowledge;

> tim@

> ; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
> Strange OpCodes: BFM: Branch on Full Moon

Hi Tim,

can you provide me an image? I think I know where to look for...

The following things related to drop changed and suspicious overwrites in
custom packages/applications might be affected:

HandMorph >> #dropMorph:event: (nobody should have to overwrite this)
Morph >> #processEvent:using: (nobody should have to overwrite this)
Morph >> #handleFocusEvent: (if overwritten, ensure super-call and watch out
for #rejected when manually calling #processEvent:; see DockingBarMorph,
MenuMorph, and UserDialogBoxBox for example overwrites)

So, I would look for custom implementations in Scratch of the above.

Best,
Marcel