[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Fri Jun 10 21:56:55 UTC 2016

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-June/068205.html

Name: Morphic-mt.1174
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.1173

Removes unused filter-event inst-vars from HandMorph, which I did not intended to commit in the first place.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-June/068206.html

Name: Morphic-mt.1175
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.1174

Adds mouse wheel events. For now, these events have to be synthesized from keystroke events (CTRL+up/down). There is a preference to control it.

If there are mouse-wheel events, then you can disable "Send Mouse Wheel To Keyboard Focus" to have Mac OS scroll-wheel-feeling. If you also enable #mouseOverForKeyboardFocus, you will not notice a difference.

This commit implements #mouseWheel: in ScrollPane but still has support for scroll-by-keyboard, that is, keystroke CTRL+up/down (via keyboard event filters, see ScrollPane >> #filterEvent:for:). This support might be removed in the future. For now, applications can disable "Synthesize Mouse Wheel Events" to not generate MouseWheel events at all and only rely on CTRL+up/down.

Note that this commit has a postscript in the Morphic package to install an event filter in all hands to do the conversion of CTRL+up/down to MouseWheelEvent. This is the first application of our new event filters to convert a keyboard event into a mouse event.

We should really update our VM to provide real mouse-wheel events... :-)

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-June/068207.html

Name: Graphics-topa.344
Ancestors: Graphics-tpr.343

= Bitmap DejaVu Sans =
Re-Rendering of the DejaVu Sans fonts
 - Old version was Latin-9 (ISO 8859-15) encoded, wich does not
   match our Characters, which are Unicode, which is a super-set of
   Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1).
   Re-rendering respects Unicode.
 - Rendering uses Mac OS X Core Graphics renderin with AA and
   sub-pixel AA (See https://github.com/krono/Squeak-Fonts)
 - Adds the sizes 14, 17, and 20, matching the still included 7, 19, and 12
   on High-DPI displays.
 - Adds the 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans' style. The metrics are exactly
   like the 'Bitmap DejaVu Sans' for all fonts, but the rendering was
   optimized for light text font on dark backround. (Beware, looks
   strange with dark font on light backround.)
 - Support broader font range in StrikeFont>>#buildFromForm:data:name:
   and use SparseTable's for very large xTables.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-June/068208.html

Name: Graphics-topa.345
Ancestors: Graphics-topa.344

let install handle font reset