[squeak-dev] SqueakMap server stuck?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jun 16 23:11:41 UTC 2016

> On 16-06-2016, at 2:34 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Every time the SM model changes, it'll end up doing a resave of the SM
> model to a serialized file within the next 5-minute period or so.
> That save burdens the image so badly for a few minutes that it isn't
> able to respond to other requests temporarily.

Hmm, ok. It didn’t *seem* like that was the sort of thing going on and indeed it was still unable to respond this morning. Once I had managed to use the in-image release creator ( a long and swear filled story) to make at least one release it would respond immediately.

It’s been an awful long time since I created/saved/published anything on SM and if anything past familiarity got in the way more than helped.

The create-release browser is more than slightly painful to use and the swiki pages purporting to explain it seem rather out of date and incomplete. Having to manually accept each and every pane’s data is ridiculous! It took some time to realise that I had to make an install script even for a single mcz file because of this lack of clarity. I’m pretty sure I never had to do anything like that with the VMMaker way back when. A live example of the simplest install script in the tool would be nice I think, something akin to the class template in the code browser.

It would be nice if the whole process could be done within the image too, rather than (so far as I can tell, correct me if I’m wonrg) a bit on the webpage, a bit in the image, a bit in Sanskrit, etc.

tim
Strange OpCodes: DPN: Double Precision No-op