[squeak-dev] Fetch zip file from web, unzip, save constituent parts?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jun 17 17:23:50 UTC 2016

> On 17-06-2016, at 6:15 AM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> With projects you can do this in the etoys image. No need really for any files other than the project/ image segment. But getting the projects/ image segments to to work in a trunk image could be tricky ;-)

In many ways I’d love to use an image segment, especially if there is a way to include one on squeaksource etc. However, the best route - I think - it to download the zip file provided by a third party and either save it to local storage, unzip it and read in, or directly split it in-image and save trying to write local. That would save any worries about permissions.

I may be over-thinking this I suppose. Perhaps the simplest answer is to make sure the initialisation code is ok with *not* having those files there and make sure to warn the user to fetch them, unzip, and run some method to load up? I do like the idea of magically doing it though...

tim
29A, the hexadecimal of the Beast.