[squeak-dev] NuScratch source on SqueakMap

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jun 24 18:06:02 UTC 2016

> On 22-06-2016, at 7:40 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 7:27 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

{snip}

>> So far as I can see it can’t work because the ‘echo’ gives us a single line as an answer and my best guess (since man pages are so very carefully written to present a wall of text that makes no sense unless you already know the answer) is that the ‘sort’ expects some cr or nl in there. Thus we (probably) just get the one line and ‘head’ does nothing to help.
>
> You're so right.  It should be 'ls' instead of 'echo’.

Except that with the git based builds it looks like we are moving to a somewhat different numbering sequence and so comparing any possible old copies with new ones is going to become harder. For example, a freshly built Pi vm is tagged as 5.0-201606241150 (ie the date/time)

I have no idea how we can solve that. Aside from the trivial solution of me including an explicit vm path in the Pi script, of course.

tim
He who hesitates is probably right.