[squeak-dev] NuScratch source on SqueakMap

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jun 24 20:58:40 UTC 2016

> On 24-06-2016, at 1:38 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:

{lots of snippy}

> Thanks for chiming in.  The matter is more about to write shell script
> that can find the latest VM when multiple ones are installed.  My
> first attempt was to search in /usr/lib/squeak, sort entries and pick
> the one with the biggest number (which used to be the svn revision
> number).  I'm thinking to add two step detection; if the scheme that
> is based on the yyyymmdd format does not turn up a VM, we then search
> the older style version-revision VM in /usr/lib/squeak.

Well the good news is that we can (since this is a shell script aimed at the Pi install of nuScratch) be a bit less general and assuming that from now on vm versions are indeed MAJOR.MINOR-DATETIME format then we need only handle those. The script will go into the next Pi release and need not concern itself with dealing with older VMs.

tim
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive in Silicon Valley