[squeak-dev] Chronology ancestry update

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Mar 3 21:36:59 UTC 2016

Chris,

Yes please proceed. I will try to get an answer for your KernelTests
question when I get home in a few hours.

I think there is a good chance that what you are proposing will work.
Thinking back to the update that I tried, I realize that I left the
original update map in place such that the updater first loaded
Chronology-Core-dtl.1 (with no ancestry), followed by loading the
"changes" in Chronology-Core-dtl.2 (with Kernel ancestry attached).
Possibly that confused the updater, leading to the lock up that I
observed.

My only caution would be to keep a copy of the original MCZs to restore in
case this does not work when you test the update stream.

Dave