[squeak-dev] cmdGesturesEnabled false -> no halos ?

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Sat Mar 5 15:11:45 UTC 2016

> Hmm, cmdGesturesEnabled seems to control lots of independent behavior. Maybe we need more fine-grained settings?

I guess the main hurdle as I see it is that halos are considered in
disableProgrammerFacilities to be part of a programmer tools, not user ones.

Maybe adding a preference saying "my app is using halos" would do it.
Then in Morph>>#handleMouseDown: we could have something like

	(anEvent blueButtonChanged
		and:[Preferences cmdGesturesEnabled
			or: [Preferences myAppUsesHalos "tmp name"]])
	ifTrue: [^ self blueButtonDown: anEvent].

Stef