[squeak-dev] Re: swapMouseButtons broken in trunk

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 03:32:47 UTC 2016

May we please evaluate that from Inbox for a couple of weeks before
putting that into trunk?

We've added a new language feature being used for almost nothing but
Preferences, now we want to loosen the definition of Smalltalk
"senders" for them too?

I admit, your idea sounds interesting -- I, myself, pretty much only
instantiate Symbols which are also method selectors.

However, I think when we feel the need to change our tools
for something that should be dead simple, maybe its the design trying to
speak to us.  Maybe its a good time to ask, "why are we
doing this?  is there a simpler way?"

What I still don't understand is why we can't see the Preference's
'changeSelector' getting set to the value, #swapMouseButtonsChanged
anywhere?  Should't the initial instantiation of the Preference object
require that as a parameter, and so then it should show up in senders,
and it would make sense how it worked..??  :(