[squeak-dev] Back to Balloon3D, Rome/Plugin and other graphic improvements

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Mar 10 03:13:05 UTC 2016

Last November we had some list chat about Balloon3D and it’s plugin - I eventually got the plugin working and even some demos to run on the Pi - but I don’t see any record of anything even faintly looking like a conclusion or, good grief, a plan.

I still don’t have a good feel for what would constitute a sensible path; the Rome/Cairo/Pango stuff is rather old but at least the libraries seem still current and supported with a release of cairo just a couple of months ago. Maybe that’s a good path to take for a release?

About 3 years ago we had a different thread running about graphics (and yet again we’ve collectively not got anything done about it) where Bert mentioned some limitations with Gezira/Nile; are they still valid Bert?

Who else is working in this area? Anyone?

tim
Useful random insult:- Immune from any serious head injury.