[squeak-dev] Injecting objects into Workspace bindings

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Mar 14 16:44:13 UTC 2016

You can enable "create textual references to dropped morphs” in a workspace window’s menu (blue title bar button). Then, from the inspector, drag the field name (or ‘self’) onto the workspace. It creates a variable named like ‘transfer2694476’ pointing to the transfer morph (the thing you dragged). Access the string using 'transfer2694476 passenger’. Done.

Arguably we should make workspaces know about TransferMorphs and insert a reference to the morph’s passenger automatically (and independently of the “create refs” flag).

- Bert -