[squeak-dev] Re: cmdGesturesEnabled false -> no halos ?

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu Mar 17 14:41:04 UTC 2016

> I don't consider halos as being programmer-specific only. Any application
> can use it. I just recently tidied up "HaloMorph" and extracted the base
> class "SimpleHaloMorph." This should make it really simple for applications
> to use any custom halo for any specific morph in an application.

Fine, so we agree on that.

Now the practical question is how to have both halos and Ctrl handling
in Morph>>#handleMouseDown: where we currently find:

	(anEvent controlKeyPressed
			and: [anEvent blueButtonChanged not
				and: [Preferences cmdGesturesEnabled]])
		ifTrue: [^ self invokeMetaMenu: anEvent].

So the catch here is that I need Preferences cmdGesturesEnabled to be
true in order to have halos, but per the above test this makes my morph
unable to catch a Ctrl-event.

Stef