[squeak-dev] UTCDateAndTime updated for Squeak trunk Chronology and Spur (was: UTCDateAndTime updated for Squeak 4.6/5.0)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Mar 23 22:48:10 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 05:22:49PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> IMHO monotonicForceMicrosecondIncrement is good rough and should be the default (or only option).
>
> And we could easily use Elliot's utcMicrosecondClock (as my latest trunk code does).
>
> - Bert -

I made a number of updates yesterday (but did not mention it on the list). I
think that everything is now up to date and reasonably compatible with trunk,
including your utcMicrosecondClock changes. The automaticTimezone preference is
working now too. I also added HashedCollection rehashAll to the package postscript
(thanks Levente).

I set the clock policy to monotonicAllowDuplicates, which is my own personal
preference. But I expect to be outvoted on that, and I would be quite happy
with your preferred choice of monotonicForceMicrosecondIncrement.

Dave