[squeak-dev] Impossible to grab the scroll bar in the Transcript if...

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Mar 25 14:56:15 UTC 2016

›
> The size of the grip is fine because all windows contents are *in front of*
> that grip. So is the scroll bar and its thumb.
>
> So, where does the platform play a role in this Squeak-specific problem?
>
> Please see the screeshot and notice the Z-Order of things. The corner grips
> do not occlude the text morph and its scroll bar.
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4886473/squeak-z-order.png>

There are actually two problems that look very similar but are unrelated:

(1) grips on top of the text morph

In a 5.0 image, the text morph is behind the grips. Apparently this has been fixed in the mean time, in Trunk it looks fine. This is obviously independent of platform.

(2) window “grip” on Mac

On a Mac, the VM provides a similar “grip” for the full Squeak window, which makes it impossible to click in the lower left and right corners.

So (1) appears to be fixed in trunk and (2) can not be fixed because it’s the same in all Mac apps. I’d say we’re good.

- Bert -