[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: System-dtl.821.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun May 1 13:12:40 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 02:40:32AM -0700, marcel.taeumel wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> it seems rather difficult to know about all the strong references to the
> project you want to remove. Here, you assume that you have to care about
> ProjectViewMorph and ProjectController. We should move that to MVCProject >>
> #deletingProject: and MorphicProject >> #deletingProject:. I will try
> something.

Yes I agree. I did not try to make that change, but it should be done.

The earlier version of Project class>>deletingProject had references
to ProjectViewMorph. I added the references to ProjectController, but
it would be better if these could be moved to MorphicProject and MVCProject.

The test case that I was using was to make a tree of projects that includes
both Morphic and MVC projects. It should be possible to enter any of these
projects, then do "Project current removeAllOtherProjects".

The problem that I saw was that when I did this from an MVC project
that had a child Morphic project, the project view for the child project
did not go away (and if the child project had been taken out of the
project hierarchy, this led to an emergency evaluator). The change
to Project class>>deletingProject fixed this.

> Best,
> Marcel
>
> P.S.: I will post the projects refactoring soon for everybody to try out.
> :-)

Thanks!

Dave