[squeak-dev] International text input on X11

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri May 6 00:49:19 UTC 2016

> On 05-05-2016, at 4:01 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:
>
> Great.  Thanks.
>
> I'll give it a try... I might not do NFS but seems good.  So the VM
> would be the one I would produce by checking out the svn repository on
> squeakvm.org, go to the branches/Cog directory and compile?  Is there
> a dev image you use?

Just grab the Squeak 5.0 all-in-one bundle. It has a cog/spur vm ready to go on the Pi. And the image, of course. Just update it as usual. If you want the latest vm, then yes, you can build it in the normal manner as described in the Eliot’s readme. I’d guess that one could get from opening a fresh Pi box to running Sq5 on a new built vm in less than an hour, including all the apt-get and compile time etc. I did most of it a few weeks ago without problem just before a demo.

tim
To define recursion, we must first define recursion.