[squeak-dev] Re: Fwd: [Vm-dev] Once upon time representsSameBrowseeAs: was moved out of Morphic

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Sun May 8 16:56:52 UTC 2016

Hi Eliot,

this is similar to Shout's #aboutToStyle:, which also cannot be an extension
because of the unwanted dependencies.

In general, #representsSameBrowseeAs: is kind of a model comparison that
could also come handy in non-morphic scenarios. It's not like #= or #== but
a third, tool-specific kind. I have a similar pattern in Vivide:
https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=isObject%3A&type=Code

I use that ViArtifactContainer >> #isObject:, for example, to make instances
of CompiledMethod and MethodReference equal on a code editing (= tool)
level:
https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/blob/019606e18670e389a845e46cb384436940cc58bf/repository/Vivide.package/ViMethodEditor.class/instance/isObject..st

Best,
Marcel