[squeak-dev] Re: Fwd: [Vm-dev] Once upon time representsSameBrowseeAs: was moved out of Morphic

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Wed May 11 06:34:33 UTC 2016

Hi Eliot,

okay. I am sure that Nicolas will read it also. :-D

I found another interesting pattern:

SomeCoolMorph class >> #initialize
   self registerInFlapsRegistry.

SomeCoolMorph class >> #registerInFlapsRegistry
   ... flapsRegistry registerQuad: ...

SomeCoolMorph class >> #unload
   ... flapsRegistry unregisterQuadsWithReceiver: self ...

Now, we cannot put #registerInFlapsRegistry in a Morphic extension because
of the same dilemma. However, Flaps and Morphs need morphic anyway. So we
are fine here.

Can't we use our ServiceRegistry for such things in the future? (Me, *not*
wanting to change flaps registration. *g*)

Best,
Marcel