DisplayScreen class>>hostWindowExtent: with HostWindowPlugin on X11 cannot possibly work (was: [squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Graphics-mt.332.mcz)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed May 11 13:35:49 UTC 2016

On 11.05.2016, at 15:02, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

>>> IIRC (after all, I wrote this 12 years ago) we defined that the ???root??? window had to have a 1 index just so we could rely upon something.
>>
>> Yep. That's why it's hard-coded in DisplayScreen but a variable in HostWindowProxy.
>>

> Hmmm... it looks to me like it may take some work to make the unix
> plugin work that way. But maybe I was just overlooking something.

The version I see here actually works *only* for the main Squeak window:

static int display_hostWindowSetTitle(int windowIndex, char *newTitle, int sizeOfTitle)
{
  if (windowIndex != 1)
    return -1;

  XChangeProperty(stDisplay, stParent,
		  XInternAtom(stDisplay, "_NET_WM_NAME", False),
		  XInternAtom(stDisplay, "UTF8_STRING",  False),
		  8, PropModeReplace, newTitle, sizeOfTitle);

  return 0;
}

(and setting the size is not implemented)

static int display_hostWindowSetSize(int windowIndex, int w, int h)
{ return -1; }

- Bert -