[squeak-dev] Re: Why "context top" points to "tempVector" and not to variable value?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed May 11 21:10:11 UTC 2016

Great discussion, the debugger is the most powerful browser.
Unfortunately, we still have this very painful and highly occurring
bug that renders debugging "Through" essentially too dangerous to use
at all..

For example:

      SearchTopic new updateContents

Shift+Cmd+D to "Debug it", then press Through Through (i.e., step
through "updateContents").

... you now have an inescapable Emergency Evaluator.

This is a new bug, right?

I have a lot of code that uses Mutexes, so I pretty much cannot risk
debugging Through at all anymore.   :(